Helpful Information for Pet Owners
At our clinic, we believe that part of being a responsible pet owner is being educated on various pet health topics. That’s why we’ve dedicated this page to providing pet owners with helpful pet information. The following is a list of veterinary websites that we recommend which address some of your most frequently asked questions about veterinary medicine and pet health care. If you have any recommendations for links to add to this page, please let us know, and we’ll consider adding them!
- Dog Owner’s Guide: This online magazine serves as a starter guide of topics to consider when you’re thinking about getting a puppy.
- American Heartworm Society: This organization (established in 1974) provides valuable information about heartworm disease and how you can protect your pet from it.
- Great Pets: Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a great resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline house soiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, this site will help!
- Animal Poison Control Center: This WorkingDogs Cyberzine webpage provides information on the ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control Center.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service: The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal-health related topics, including the latest disease news.
- Rainbow Bridge: If you’ve ever lost a pet, this site is for you. A virtual memorial home and grief support community, Rainbow Bridge gives pet owners a way to remember their lost pets and help other grieving pet owners.
- West Nile Virus: Maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, this webpage provides the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the U.S., as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, and more.